Cardinal Peak has a long history in the cable and satellite industry, and as a result we’ve had a lot of experience developing middleware and applications for STBs.
We have expertise developing multi-platform, rich media applications for a wide range of home entertainment devices, spanning the gamut from modern IP-based set-top boxes to traditional cable platforms. Our experience includes writing complex applications that interact with large back-end databases to present compelling experiences to the end user. We have developed apps for video on demand (VOD), digital video recorders (DVR) and network video recorders (NVR), over-the-top streaming (OTT), interactive advertising, and more.
Specific areas of expertise include:
- OCAP, ETV, EBIF, and native code
- Adobe Air/Flash Lite/Stagecraft-based applications for DVRs and other CE devices
- Internet/”Over-the-top”, satellite and cable delivery solutions
- Complex client-server architectures
- Development of multi-threaded apps, including apps that rely heavily on background services
- Support for major video, audio, and digital rights management (DRM) formats
- Deep codec experience, including H.264 and MPEG-2
- DVB Simulcrypt and more generally conditional access systems (CAS)